11 October 2006

Packaging an iPod

Has anyone else ever noticed how cool Apple is with their packaging? Yeah, the design of their products is great (see Business Week's article about it, published not more than a few weeks ago), but I think the packaging is astounding. My new 30GB iPod is cool, but I remarked more to my roommate about how cool it looked in the box than I chatted it up about my new purchase--funny, but that's just how I am sometimes. Anyway, the box is INCREDIBLY small (partially because of the lack of a power adapter, but I won't go into that) and it folds up like a neat little book. It even has a sleeve like a DVD! I'm sure I paid for the packaging, but the idea's brilliant. You take a product that people want because it's small and design-savvy, then put it in a box that emphasizes cool in everything from the matte balck finish with silver to its extremely small size, and you just wow people from the get-go. I'm really impressed. Love the iPod, too, by the way. The new designs just keep getting sweeter. Check 'em out at Apple's web site. They're expensive, but sometimes you just have to pay for the best.

Labels: , , ,

<--Google Analytics Begin-->